Scandinavian Shrink Pot Carving
Creating beautiful natural pots from greenwood, using the shrinkage of the tree as it dries out to create a sealed pot.
Working with the natural properties of green wood by hollowing out a section of branch. Carefully carving a base out of dried wood and using a technique so that as the greenwood dries it shrinks to fit the base. Traditionally carved in Eastern Europe and Scandinavia, this is a interesting introduction to green wood crafts.
The courses are held at the beautiful Footprint nr Windermere, in the Lake District.
The day will start at 9am and finish at 5pm.
Kettle always on the boil and unlimited biscuits! Bring your own lunch.
"A really enjoyable day – very well paced. Superb friendly atmosphere making it a lovely way to learn. "
Price: £65 (incl materials)
- Bench and Stool Making
- Bowl Carving
- Bushcraft Skills Development
- Family Bushcraft Camp (2 day)
- Make your own Shave Horse
- Outdoor on the Shore
- Scandinavian Shrink Pot Carving
- Spoon Carving
- Teachers Woodland Introduction and Woodland Developers Course
- The Art of Charcoal
- Whittling Day for Young People 10-17 yrs
- Woodland Explorer Residential (3 Day)